Friday, April 20, 2018

Think "Spring Green" in the Crayola Box!



When I moved to Tennessee 49 years ago in the spring, I found out that there is a color in nature exactly like the color, "spring green," in the Crayola box.  And, today on our drive through the countryside that is one of the colors that stood out to me.  I used my photo software to mess with the above picture to make that color exaggerated...but it isn't very far off from what we saw today.  I just love the early spring when the leaves are just starting to form on the trees...everything looks so fresh and new!  We saw lots of barns today.  We left at 8:30am and returned around 3:30pm...so a long day of driving through the countryside.  I have gotten my photos transferred from three cameras and have quickly looked at them.  I needed to take them off the cameras before Elijah's baseball game this evening.  The following, I think, was everyone's favorite barn of the day.  We all liked the contrast of the black roof with the red.  Four of us went on our barn adventure, today.  Marie drove per usual, I was the navigator (that's a laugh!), and Jo and Donna were in the back seat enjoying the scenery.  They aren't as "into" taking photos of barns as Marie and I are!  We enjoyed visiting, seeing pretty sites and then eating at a country restaurant that we "finally" found...eating places out in the country are far and few between!

Woody worked in the yard and gardens today while I gallivanted.  He also went to the grocery stores for our weekly shopping.  When I got home, he was walking back to our yard from Nathan and Kathy's and had a long list in his hand.  He had been tasked by them to find a bunch of things needed for Elijah's game tonight.  They have been in East Tennessee and are going to get back just in time (hopefully) for Elijah's game and Woody had to go next door to attempt to find all the things needed.  I went over and helped him find what he hadn't found yet.  He about wore himself out trying to get into one of their vehicles...he had to enter from the back and what was needed was two bench seats forward...so he had to climb over two sets of seats to get to where he could unlock the doors and get what was needed...at least he didn't have to climb back over the seats!  I found out...too late...that there was a door unlock button inside the back opening!  Oh, well...!  Maybe good exercise?!?  Doubt it! I think that we now have everything needed by Elijah and Nathan for the game.  The last I talked to them they were still three hours away stuck in traffic in the Knoxville area. I think that it is good that Elijah's game is the 7pm game tonight! I'm blogging early since we will be at the game when blogging time comes around!   

No comments:

Post a Comment