Saturday, April 21, 2018

Saturday

The neighbor grandchildren came knocking on our door fairly early this morning.  They came to start taking the items that I was giving to their yard sale.  They had decided to go on and have an unplanned yard sale today (planned for this coming Thurs.& Fri. and maybe Sat.).  Nathan and Kathy had gone on a walk early this morning and noticed several yard sale signs for some houses not far from theirs. They already had so many things from friends that they decided that they would take advantage of a very pretty day. And, all it took was them laying a tarp on the front yard and folk started stopping!  They pretty much had none stop customers for several hours and then people have stopped off and on for the rest of the day till they put things away an hour or so ago.  A lot of the things that I put out have gone...so that is good.  And, they are on the way to having a very successful yard sale that wasn't even supposed to have started today.

Woody made his weekly trip to the public library.  And, he has worked outside a whole lot today...mowing and raking.  He even did some planting...some green peppers and some onions in "his" garden and he planted some rosemary for "my" herb garden on our patio.  I made my mother's recipe for Boston Baked Beans today...so that was a long process...but not a lot of preparation...just long cooking times. I have also worked on some of the pictures that I took yesterday.  Tonight's photo is one that I enhanced with my photo software due to the fact that it had a glare/shadow on the barn because I took it through the car windshield.  I loved the flag on this barn so decided that I needed to do something to it to be able to save it!  The effect I used is called "accented edges."

No comments:

Post a Comment