Sunday, April 8, 2018

Reminiscing at Good Ol' Cottey C!

Here we are sitting around in the hotel's hospitality room...we had it reserved for the whole time that we have been here.  This is where we landed in the evenings after all the activities on campus were completed.

We have had the most fun getting to know one another again.  We have a "memory book" of individual pictures of each class member, who attended (plus a few more who submitted their information). I have read through a lot of these, but have mainly talked with friends during this time.  This will be something to pour over when I get home and have a little more time.

The food has been wonderful.  We have had a Mediterranean Buffet, a buffet of Cottey's chef's favorite recipes, and the Founder's Day Luncheon buffet.  Talk about "a spread!" Cottey's chef really is great.  We found out today that this will be his last year at Cottey as he is retiring.  Glad that I got to partake of his delicious fare before he left.

Today was the big day for the skits.  They were all good...but ours was the best!  Just a bit prejudiced...but we were told by many alums from other years that it was.  We really filled the stage with our presence 44 strong.  We were introduced as "the golden girls."  I still can't believe that it has been 50 years.

One more gathering in the morning for a brunch buffet.  As soon as we finish eating, Woody and I will be on our way.  Getting a later start will mean a much later arrival back home...might not blog tomorrow night.

I hate to see our reunion come to an end...but we are all tired...so probably time for us to part ways and get rested up.  Everyone is already talking about the next time!  Oh...before I end...a challenge for my sister (probably not much of one!): Cheryl, can you spot Randi?  One of the "golden girls" in this picture, I have known most of my life...same church since toddlers, same 1-8 school, same high school, same college.  She is in this photo...it was fun to see her...hadn't seen her in a while...I guess not since our mother's funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment