Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Wednesday

We have both kept pretty busy today.  Woody has about worn himself out working in the yard...mowing and raking quite a large area of our side yard.  He also ran an errand for a friend.  I got up and got right back to work on the kitchen.  I have now been through all the bottom kitchen cabinets that have items in them that I might want to purge.  I still have the cabinet with the baking items: cookie sheets, muffin tins, etc.  I will take a close look in that cabinet, but I'm not sure that I want to pull everything out.  I have for ages stored punch cups on one of the upper shelves in the upper cabinets.  I would use them for juice glasses when we had a large crowd, so kept them separate from the punch bowl.  Just a little while ago, I pulled out the punch bowl from the buffet in the dining room and put all the punch cups into that box.  I had thought about getting rid of the punch bowl...but have had second thoughts...at least nothing to do with the punch bowl is taking up any kitchen cabinet space.  This afternoon I also started looking through my cookbooks to try to decide which ones I want to put in the yard sale.  The pile for the yard sale grew a little taller today...or at least more spread out...now things are also on the dining room chairs and some are even on the floor.  I did get the tops of the cabinets vacuumed off...now just have to wipe them down with a damp cloth.

After lunch, I headed to the church to work in the library.  There wasn't a lot to do except for maintenance.  We checked books in and out and shelved the returned books.  We didn't stay as long as usual.  I came back and got back to work in the kitchen.  I didn't have to do anything except warm things up for our supper tonight since we had leftover spaghetti from last night.  I came upstairs to rest and read for a little while.  Shortly I will go down and put dishes into the dishwasher. Doubt that I will do much more than that tonight...my recliner is calling my name...loudly!

No comments:

Post a Comment