Monday, April 23, 2018

Last Chance...Perhaps


This may have been the last chance to get a picture of this barn...it is just about down.  Where we stopped to eat  this barn was still in sight and one of the farmers, who was coming out of the restaurant, told me that we needed to get pictures of this one before we couldn't.  It looks like the silo will survive longer than the barn.  Which is probably why there are so many silos sticking up in the countryside without any barns nearby. This one was probably in the worst condition of any barns that we saw on our "barn adventure" this past Friday.

Today has been a usual Monday school day...well, not exactly as Joy and Abigail traded spots for their long times...so Joy had her time today.  Woody went to the Life Care Center this morning and had Bible study with Jeff and then visited with other residents.  This afternoon he had a doctor appointment which didn't take up too much of his afternoon.  This evening he had the Furnace Room prayer meeting.  While he was there, several of the neighbor grandchildren invited me to come over for a dance.  They even had refreshments!  I just watched and didn't participate! When I got home, Woody was back from the prayer meeting.

It has rained and rained and then rained some more since yesterday. It was too wet for Woody to do anything in the yard today.  Ball practices were cancelled due to the fields being too wet.  Wondering if the fields can dry out enough for games tomorrow night.  I did manage to get through all the pictures that I took on Friday.  I used three cameras and took quite a few with each of them.  I have gotten rid of the ones that aren't worth keeping and put them through one try with my photo software.  Most pictures need to be processed at least a little since cameras tend to lean one way or another in the way they take color...some lean toward green and some toward blues...so I at least go in and true up the colors before posting them anywhere.  And, some I play with more than others.  Sometimes when I like a picture, but it is not as sharp as I'd like then I make it look more like a painting, etc.  I do have fun playing with my photos.  The way the photo software works you can usually make a photo interesting even if it isn't that great!

No comments:

Post a Comment