Monday, April 16, 2018

First Step?

I took a big step today...one of the first to get ready to renovate our kitchen...I cleared all the decorative items off the top of the kitchen cabinets.  I am leaving the apple theme that our kitchen has been for so many years.  So today I took everything down and started sorting through what to keep and what to give to Kathy and Nathan for their upcoming yard sale.  They are going to have a yard sale to raise money for their  family mission trip to Honduras later in the year.  It will be the last weekend in April so I decided that I had better get started sorting through things that I need to give to them for their sale.  Just a little before it was time for me to make supper, I

got everything down from the tops of the cabinets on both sides of the kitchen...and now all items are on the dining room table...some to keep...most for the yard sale.  I am trying to decide what to do with my extensive cookbook collection...probably some to keep and some to give away.  I still have an entire shelf in one of the cabinets full of cookbooks.  Some have sentimental value...others not so much.  I will mull over what to do with them while I clear out some other things!  I want to go through the kitchen cabinets too.

Woody went to Life Care earlier than usual this morning because he had a doctor appointment when he usually goes to do Bible study and visit with some of the residents.  He didn't go to baseball practice this evening because it is so cold.  He is now at the Furnace Room prayer meeting.

I guess I will go see what more damage I can do trying to find items that we really don't need taking up space in the kitchen...and probably should look beyond just that room!  I still need to dust and wipe down the tops of the cabinets...but I think that I am through with ladder climbing for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment