Saturday, April 14, 2018

Rainy Saturday = Good Day to Read!

It has rained or at least drizzled most of the day.  A good day to stay in and read...which is what I have done for a good part of the day.  I did a little of this and a little of that around the house followed by longer sessions of reading!  Woody got up really early and went on a six mile walk.  Later in the morning he made hospital visits and also stopped at the public library for his weekly visit there.  I talked this afternoon with Melany.  She is the one who told me about the book that I am reading: A Murder in Music City: Corruption, Scandal, and the Framing of an Innocent Man.  A while back she and one of the teachers at her school went to hear a talk given by the author of the book: Michael Bishop.  Melany's teacher friend had gone to high school with the murdered girl in the book.  It's a true story about a murder that took place in Nashville, TN in the 1964...one in which an innocent man was convicted.This book is the unraveling of what really happened by the author's intense delving into "the story" over a period of many, many years.  When Melany told me about the book I put my name on a waiting list and it took many months for me to climb to the top.  Now that I have it in my hands on my iPad Kindle app, I have felt compelled to get it read before it is taken back into cyberspace!  Plus it is just one of those reads that keeps you wondering what turn the story is going to take next.  I have gotten to the place in the story that I now know what "really" happened and he is just wrapping up a last few details.  This all took place five years before I came to live in Tennessee, but lots of names in the book are familiar to me as are the places mentioned.  Tullahoma even gets mentioned. Woody has been reading quite a bit too, today.  He is reading a legal suspense story that I checked out for him from the church library.  He has also watched basketball.  I'm going to hit the publish button for this blog and go back to finish reading my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment