Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Busy Tuesday

Look what I found in one of our gardens today...so pretty.  I have kept pretty busy today.  This morning I did a little cleaning...decided that I had better run the vacuum at least through a couple of rooms.  Later in the morning we had an appointment with an insurance person who says that he can get my rates down...so we will see.  After he left, I got back to work on cleaning out kitchen cabinets.  The stack of items for the yard sale gets higher. The cookbooks still need to have decisions made on which to keep and which to put in the yard sale.  The things on the far right of the cookbooks are things that I plan to keep and there are some items to the very left of the cookbooks that I am still thinking about whether to keep them or not.  I have pretty much decided to keep baskets as I am always looking for a basket for one thing or another.  But the majority to the left of the cookbooks I have decided to part with.
We have had a very pleasant day temperature-wise.  It did get down to below freezing last night, but it warmed up rather quickly.  Woody walked to the prayer room while I cooked supper.  When he got back, I had spaghetti with meat sauce, pasta and Red Lobster biscuits ready to eat.  I need to go downstairs now and clean up the kitchen.  I got tired after fixing supper and came upstairs to rest my back for a while.  So now I have a bit of a mess to go take care of...thank goodness for the dishwasher!  I have washed a lot of dishes by hand the last couple of days as I am washing all the things that come out of the cabinets...I have put some in the dishwasher, but it is just easier to go on and wash them by hand and get them ready to take their place on the dining room table...or...put them back into the cabinets.  Yesterday I was on the step stool a good part of the day getting things off the top of the cabinets.  Today I have switched and am working in the lower cabinets...so my little short four-legged stool has been most helpful...keeping me from having to get totally down on the floor. Nine days till the yard sale...still quite a few things to go through!

No comments:

Post a Comment