Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Where Has the Time Gone?

Robertson Hall--my dorm for both my years at Cottey College

Beardsley Suite (now Santa Barbara Suite): the suite I
lived in both years at Cottey.  

My roomie, Lydia, and I outside the room we shared our
first year at Cottey.  The next year we stayed in the same
suite, but moved to a room that was a bit larger..two doors away.

The parlor of Robertson Hall.  Can you see Woody sitting
down at the far end?  I am taking this photo from the same
place where I stood when I first spotted Woody across this room. We were
having the Senior Class Mixer that night and this room was
full of Cottey girls and guys from various schools across
Missouri.  I saw Woody across that crowded room and decided
that I wanted to spend the evening with him...and I did...and,
the rest is history!

Two Cottey roomies and their 1968 boyfriends in 2018!
I finished going through all my pictures today and decided that I would share pics of our dorm, suite, and pictures of my roommate and me and our now husbands, who were our then boyfriends! Time hasn't slowed down...but as far as Lydia's and my friendship...it just picked up where we were the last time we saw each other (which was 1983 at our 15th reunion).  We are determined to be in touch more often than just a letter at Christmas.  You should have seen us trying to get our selfies taken...rather comical...I'm sure that we amused the present Cottey student who was in the suite when we were attempting it.  She had to help Lydia get her phone set up to take a selfie.  I was able to use my camera...but I had the camera that you can't see what you are taking...so just winged it and actually managed to get both our heads and our room number in the picture on my first attempt.

Today has been pretty much a typical Tuesday.  I had school with the little boys and then read with the older kids.  Joy had her long time.  Joy always knows what she wants to make next and I don't always have a pattern or "how-to" for what she wants to make.  She wants to make a small backpack like she already has but wants it to have a larger pocket on the front that will accommodate her phone.  So we hunted for directions...and we never quite found what she wanted.  And, I'm not one to wing what I make...I need directions, pattern, etc.  I think that Joy is going to be a sewer who "wings" her projects!

Woody went for a four-mile walk after lunch.  Then this evening he drove to the prayer room because of Elijah's game.  I decided that it was too cold to go tonight...and, I guess I was right as I got a text from Kathy right after Woody left.  She was asking for blankets!  Ooops...guess they are out there shivering!

No comments:

Post a Comment