Saturday, April 28, 2018

A Family Day

Well, it was a family day with Melany, Wade and Erin paying us a visit.  Alex had to work.  But I took nary a picture...so guess I will go with another barn photo for tonight.  Even the visit turned out to be a pretty busy time.  I knew that Woody wouldn't eat lunch with us, since Elijah's team had a ball game at 1pm. Before he left for the ball game, we got a call that a friend needed a ride home from the grocery store.  So Woody headed off to be a good Samaritan!  Wade, Melany, Erin and I ate lunch at noon and Woody ate after he got home from the ball game.  Nathan, Kathy and family continued with their yard sale and also had a busy day of taking children one place or another.  When they were home one or another of the children popped in and Nathan spent some time with us visiting for a while after the ball game.  The Athletics (Elijah's team) had another win...a happy ending since they had used their best pitchers last night...two other pitchers came through for them. The team got treated at the Dairy Queen after the game by their team mom whose dentistry practice sponsors the team.  Melany and family brought me my birthday presents...so I guess you could say that this was a late birthday celebration.  Melany brought me a couple of pieces of pottery that she had thrown on her new pottery wheel...very pretty.  I also got a new bird house...which is a good thing as some of our birdhouses have seen better days!  We hadn't seen each other since Christmas so we had a lot to catch up on and spent most of the day talking.  Peaches even came in to visit with us.  Melany and Erin are cat lovers so Peaches found a couple new friends!  Later in the afternoon, Melany, Erin and I walked over to Nathan and Kathy's backyard and sat on their back porch and visited with both of the kittens.  Erin and Melany wanted to meet Georgia as well as Peaches.  It was a beautiful spring day...blue sky...very pleasant temperatures...a seasonal day for a change...I even wore a short sleeved shirt today...that says a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment