Thursday, August 8, 2024

A New Friend

I took a picture of my new friend to share on tonight's blog. I spotted him out the sun porch window after I watered this morning. He was very content to just sit there and bask in the sun while I moved from place to place up on the ramp...I was NOT close to him...so no chance that he could surprise me by jumping closer...but he just sat very still like a bump on a log! I think that today was just one of those days that I didn't feel like doing much. I think that the busyness of my week so far sort of caught up with me. I just stayed home and sat around for most of the morning except for going out to water. I watched some Olympic events. I made myself an easy lunch. Melany and Wade brought me lasagna from Maggino's Little Italy Restaurant in Nashville. I had it in the freezer and yesterday moved it to the refrigerator so it could thaw. Today I heated it up in the oven for lunch...yum! I still have enough for another meal. Definitely an easy fix. I ended up taking a nap after lunch. After my nap, I felt a little better. I wrote a few more thank-you notes. FedEx made a delivery. I had ordered several pieces of the dishes that I chose as our "china pattern" before we married. I bought some to replace a couple of chipped dishes and also bought two serving pieces that I hadn't had before. I got those unpacked...talk about well packaged pieces...no chance of breakage! I washed them by hand and have them put away...then I wrestled with all the packaging along with bagging up all the packing peanuts...so that mess is gone...just have to collapse the box just before recycle next week. After picking up packing, I did a little vacuuming. So as the afternoon was waining, I sort of woke up and was able to accomplish something. Nathan and Kathy stopped by a little while ago. They had been on their Thursday night date and stopped on the way home. They watched some of the Olympic diving and Nathan tried to trouble shoot the doorbell...batteries needed that, of course, I did not have. I have already gotten the kitchen cleaned up...easy tonight after not really cooking much today. The rest of the evening I plan to watch some Olympics and maybe do a little stitching...another day coming to a close. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment