Thursday, August 1, 2024

I Voted

I feel like I kept fairly busy today...but lookig back...not exactly sure just exactly what I did! Nathan and Elijah stopped by this morning to change the water filter that is under the sink in the kitchen. It filters the cold water. The first filter was put in when we renovated the kitchen. It was a five-year filter...and as unbelievable as it seems, it has been five years since we renovated. Still love my kitchen! Elijah and Nathan brought my magnifying dazor lamp downstairs and put it next to the recliner in the family room. This way I have a stitching spot in the family room as well as in my bedroom. I have two of these high powered magnifying lights...we gave my mother one that she used for years, but when she stopped doing stitching that required magnification, she suggested that I take it back home with me. So one of the times that Woody and I drove out there, we brought it back. The one I had them bring down has been in my sewing room. I didn't use it a lot in there...except to help me thread heedles, etc. I think it will get more use down here. I did stitch a little this morning prior to them bringing the lamp downstairs. This was the first time that I had stitched since I had my 2nd eye operated on. I can still stitch...so I am happy! I will go back to see the eye doctor tomorrow afternoon. I am still trying to figure out how much power I need in readers, but I'm sure that is still to be determined over the next weeks...probably too soon to determine what I need for reading correction, yet. In the process of putting the dazor lamp next to the recliner, we had to move the table-floor lamp. That lamp had been giving us a problem for a while...it kept getting loose and was hard to tighten. Well, today, it chose to not tighten...so that lamp bit the dust. I spent time trying to decide what I would use for a lamp...decided that I want to have a side table and a table lamp. I have a small side table that we used on Woody's side of the bed. When Cheryl was here, we brought it out from it's place next to the bed to see if there was another spot to use it. I decided that, at least for the moment, I will use it in the family room in the space between the couch and the recliner...then I had the problem of a lamp. I have been looking online for a new table lamp, but in the meantime, I am using the lamp from "Cheryl's room." I'll try to have a new one for downstairs and put the borrowed lamp back before she or someone else uses the guest room. For the moment this is working. I had been wanting for some time to replace some of the dishes from the dishes we chose at the time of our wedding. Some of the most used one have over the years (54) have a few chips. I still use this set a lot so decided that I would replace several of the pieces...so that was one of the things I did this morning...made an order. Mid-afternoon, I headed off to vote. This was the first time that I drove since my surgery. I have watched the Olympics today...and, now I can stitch while I watch while I am downstairs. I have brought down one of my projects to work on when I am down here. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! I spotted the subject for tonight's photo out the window when I went into my laundry room this afternoon. I got my camera and headed out the front door, to not disturb him, and found him moved over a bit, but still close to where I spotted him. Interesting fellow! Glad the lens on my camera let me be far from him...didn't want him to do any jumping towards me!

No comments:

Post a Comment