Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Thankful for Friends!

I often wonder what people do without close friends and I have been graced with so many! Today I got to spend time with friends...first my hair dresser...I always look forward to hair cut day so I can catch up with Jody. Right after getting my hair cut, I headed to the church to work in the library with Donna. It's always so good to get time to work with her and get to visit while we work...always lots to catch up on. Today we got the stack of books that we left the last time finished and ready to be circulated. The job of the day was to put contact paper on the paperback books...not the most fun task in the library, but we have done it so much that it goes pretty smoothly...most of the time! I headed home and got the garbage can pulled out to the curb and placed the recycle items on the ground near the garbage can. When I came out the door, I discovered the pretty bouquet of flowers and the sweet note from a secret friend! So pretty in my kitchen. So nice to be thought about. I got a phone call from Marie and she was offering to let me ride with her to a funeral on Saturday. So many thoughtful friends! So thankful for each and every one of them. And, this is just one day of interacting with friends. It will all begin again tomorrow...can't wait to see which of my many, many friends that I will talk to and see tomorrow! I still have one more friend to "talk with" tonight...Linda H. and I will have our nightly check-in/chat/text. Tomorrow I have an appointment in the morning and then I'm trying to make up my mind if I will go to a study at church tomorrow night. My calendar seems to be fairly full this week. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment