Tuesday, June 14, 2022

How to Watch a Game in the Heat

When we got to the ballpark, Nathan, Kathy and crew were sitting in the shade on the other side of the fence in the outfield. We decided to stay there as our team's bleachers were straight on into the sun and the sun never left the entire game and it was hovering around 90°. You could tell about the heat by the lack of energy in the boys. The final score was 8-7...only the second loss for Elijah's team. It was a good game despite the heat! But it was hot and Woody came home pretty zapped. He seems to be perking up a little now. I waited to blog till I got tonight's dialysis set up so it can be heating while I type. It has been quite the day. Last night I got a onone call from the fraud department of our Credit Union saying that it appeared that my debit card had been compromised. Before I answered any questions, I opened up our account and it was obvious what they were talking about. I took care of what I could on the phone last night...main thing that I wanted was for my card to be cancelled. I was told to go to our Credit Union this morning. After I got Woody disconnected and fed him his breakfast, I headed off. It was fairly simple, except that the machine to print the new card messed up and/or ran out of ribbon or something! Anyway, that made it take a bit longer. But I had a book on my phone so didn't mind the wait! I came home and it was a out time for lunch. I fed us both and did a couple of things in the kitchen and then it was time to meet Donna in the church library. We had two tasks that we wanted to complete and we did those. We headed home...and, at a point both of us realized that I forgot to get something out of the refrigerator. Donna's husband had been "gifted" with lots of packages of canned biscuits and Donna had brought some to me. Thanks, Donna! I realized right after I got home and she realized right after she ran an errand. She went back to the church to get them and bring them to me. I texted her and told her that I realized that I had left them and that I was heading back to the church to get them! She got my text and called me when I was heading down the road on the way back to church...she said that she was on her way...so I turned around headed back home. Donna arrived at our house just moments before I did! We had a good laugh! After putting the biscuits into the refrigerator, I got busy gathering all the wastebaskets in the house and getting everything out to the road. I also had to carry out two weeks worth of collapsed cardboard boxes. I couldn't take them to the road to be recycled last week because it wae raining. Tonight it was just super hot taking them out. Before I went to the Credit Union this morning, I also watered all our flowers and vegetables...watering needed with it being sooooooooo hot. So it has been one of those days of one thing to do followed by another and another and..! I think I'll sleep well tonight. I still have a fee things to do besides getting Woody's dialysis going. I'm heading to check on the solution bags to see if it's time to get his dialysis started. I think he is ready to go to sleep after his hot time at the ball park tonight. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment