Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Last PD Delivery? Probably!

Now to catch you up on the latest with Woody. Last night I decided that die to the late hour and the excitement of the tournament win, that I would wait till tonight to fill in where we left off on Monday. We did hear from the Fresenius nurse yesterday. He was checking to see if we had heard from the vein mapping folk. We hadn't so he took it on himself to check in with that office. He called back to say that they had made an appointment for Woody, but that he had gotten them to make an earlier one. A week from today we should be home and his veins will be mapped and also the temporary catheter placed in the area of his clavacle. He got them to add the temporary catheter into the appointment as he felt that Woody was going to need to get on hemo dialysis sooner rather than later. This catheter will allow him to get in center hemodialysis prior to getting whatever connection he will have done on his arm and make the decision as to whether it is done in home or in center. Someone from the vascular office that will do the procedures called today and gave us further information/instruction. It will be done in Murfreesboro at a medical center where we have been before. I mainly needed to know which entrance to go in and we now know that. This is the second time that he will have this type catheter placed for dialysis. It was done at our local hospital when he had to take a "vacation" from PD dialysis when he developed a hernia and had to stop peritoneal dialysis till he healed from the hernia surgery. He's ready to just get on to the next stage in his dialysis and hopefully feel better. I don't know how long it will be before he gets scheduled for dialysis in center. We will just take it one step at a time. Today's delivery may be our last as I don't see still on PD in a month. I asked the delivery guy if they also deliver home hemo supplies and they don't. So the last we will probably see of this truck is when they are scheduled to come back and pick up unused supplies. We might be without boxes for a short time...or even longer...depending on our decision of "at home" or "in center." I have done some cooking today. It was time to pay attention to my sourdough starter so decided that I would make waffles and then feed my starter. Then I made a favorite of both of ours...but at the moment...just a favorite of mine = Baked Hominy, one of my mother's recipes. I also put the dry rub on my Boston Butt Roast so it can stay in the refrigerator over night. Tomorrow it will roast s l o w l y for hours. I need to do some wash...maybe still time this evening...but then again...there is always tomorrow! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment