Monday, June 20, 2022

Rough Sunday…Better Monday

Woody had a pretty rough afternoon and evening yesterday. As I mentioned on Saturday, we are thinking that he is getting to the end of peritoneal dialysis and getting ready to transition to hemodialysis. His kidney center nurse wanted to test the fluids that are drawn off of him one more time. We collected those during last night's dialysis and took them to Fresenius kidney center this morning. We think that he is dehydrated, too as yesterday anything that he drank came right back up. He was able to eat a good breakfast this morning and has only taken a nibble since. At one point he thought that he wanted a PBJ sandwich, but is rethinking that now. We did call the 24-nurse number yesterday. She suggested that we cut back on the solution strength so last night and tonight we are using two bags of the lesser strength solution. Woody's nurse agreed with that. I will have to reevaluate the order that is to be delivered next week as switching we won't have enough next month. I will wait to call about the order till we see the doctor on Thursday. I did get some information on home hemodialysis today when we were at the center. Frim what I read the switch over cant happen immediately. He will have to have a port of some kind (3 different types were mentioned in the pamphlets). Whatever type is chosen it has to be placed surgically and then there is healing time...so peritoneal dialysis will go on for a while even if he is told it is time to switch. Woody did tell me that he was feeling better this evening...more like usual. He didngo to prayer meeting tonight. And, is home now stretched out in his recliner. I have the dialysis for tonight set up and the solution is warming. So we are back on track...at least for the time being into our usual routine. I finished my book, did a little vacuuming (just as much as my vacuum cord would allow me to reach (and it is a pretty long cord). I'll plug it in in another place "maybe" tomorrow and reach a little more of the upstairs! Temperatures are predicted to rise to 100° at some point this week. I watered again this evening hoping to keep our flowers and other plants happy in these extra hot, for us, temps! I'm glad that the regular baseball season is over and that there are no games this week. Next week there is a tournament for all the teams in Elijah's league. Here's to hoping that the temperatures will go down before then! Hapoy last day of Spring! Looks like summer is going to show up for real tomorrow! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment