Monday, June 27, 2022

Monday Doings

These flowers are some that Woody just checked out on a little spin we took around the yard. When he got home from prayer meeting, I asked him if he wanted to take a little tour of the gardens and he said he did want to. The temperature is very pleasant this evening so it was nice to take a little stroll. He even pulled a few weeds. We didn't hear from the nurse today so still don't know when his vein mapping will be. After lunch I headed out to run a few errands. I needed to go to JoAnn's to get thread and buttons for the shirt that I'm getting ready to make for myself. I needed to stop at the little grocery store down the street to get some ground pork to make Woody's breakfast sausage with. This is the only store in town that has fresh ground pork...ground pork that has nothing added to it. While I was there, I checked out their meat selection and they had their Boston Butt Pork roasts on sale at a price that I couldn't resist--99¢/lb. I also decided to get some eggs which will let me put off my Kroger shopping till next week. The last stop was to pick up prescriptions for both of us at our pharmacy. By the time I got home I was ready for a little nap! Buying the buttons and thread has me a step closer to being able to continue on with my sewing project. I just need to trace off my size from the pattern and then either sew the pattern fabric together or cut the pattern out of muslin to see if I have chosen the right size. That is a step that I have to be in the mood to do! The mail brought a box of books for the church library. It also included a book that Woody asked me to get for us to give as a gift sometime. Woody is checking it out/looking through it/perhaps reading it at the moment. I got his dialysis set up while he was at prayer meeting so it will be ready when he is ready to get tonight's treatment started. He still doesn't feel very well...not much interested in food...having to be very careful to watch quantity and to eat slowly. I know he is ready to feel better. Hopefully once he switches over he will feel much better...when his blood gets cleansed better than it is now. But it is a slow process to switch over. He has to have his veins mapped and then a surgery has to be set up to put whatever connector has to be put in and THEN he has to heal. I think if he has the kind that heals very slowly they will put that tubing and connector back in like he had when he was temporarily on hemodialysis last year. That is put in the area of his clavicle with the connecting tube in his juglarvein, I think. I think he just wants to get this show on the road! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment