Saturday, June 25, 2022

Saturdays Come and Saturdays Go

I felt like pretending that it was cooler than it really was today by posting this photo of Melany and Wade at Glacier Bay in Alaska! I'll bet that in a few hours when they walk out into the night heat, they will long for the chilly Alaska temps! They had another getaway this past week. From what I have heard they had a very good time. They are in rhe air as I type this somewhere between Denver and Nashville! We have had a stay-at-home day. We've had several visits by various members of the Dorrell family. Nathan and Joy and Esther picked up Woody's new recliner this morning and brought it here. That time they put it in the living room. Later in the day Nathan, Kathy, and Elijah came back and moved it into the family room. Woody is still getting used to it, but did say he had no complaints about it. I sat in it for a few minutes this evening and I find it auite comfortable. I like that it has separate lumbar and head adjustments beside the reclining feature. This evening nothing sounded good to Woody...including his usual protein shake...nor a bowl of ice cream. Finally he decided that a cookie would taste good. No cookies to be had in our cupboards...so I pulled down our cookie cookbook and found an oatmeal cookie recipe that I had all ingredients for...he said that oatmeal cookies sounded good. He ate one and said that it was "okay." I don't think that much of anything tastes good to him at the moment except for his breakfast of scrambled eggs and a sausage patty and a glass of pineapple juice. That's about the only meal that he still enjoys. His dialysis is going for the night. I still have a cookie making mess to clean up in the kitchen. So...Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment