Thursday, June 2, 2022

A Good Day for Visiting!

Woody's dialysis treatment finished early this morning so we were able to get him disconnected, manual drain done, and his breakfast made and eaten and I was ready to head off to meet Jo and Carolyn for breakfast. We enjoyed breakfast and each other's company. We chased lots of rabbits...as we always do. On the way home, I thought of several things that we hadn't caught up on...guess next time...and, of course there is texting...or even the phone! I hadn't been back in the house long and the phone rang. It was Ruth and she was going to stop by with some eggs. I grabbed a couple of glasses of ice water and headed for the front porch. Ruth was getting out of her car...perfect timing! We had a nice front porch talk. I came in and put the eggs away and then sliced some of the pork roast to put in the freezer. By that time I was ready for a nap! Woody had a lazy afternoon too. Neither of us got the best night sleep last night and then were up early to get dialysis finished before I needed to leave. The weather might have had something tondonwith feeling lazy and dozy...we had little teases of rain off and on today. I was counting on the rain to water my plants. I was beginning to wonder if we were going to get what had been promised...but a little while ago, the rain has started in earnest...so happy plants and happy me who didn't jave to drag the hose around the yard! I have Woody's dialysis set up for tonight. I think it is ready for me to connect Woody. I think that I am hearing evidence that he is dozing off...better get going before he is too soundly asleep for me to get his attention to help with the process! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment