Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Brag Time

I meant to brag last night...but realized after I posted that I forgot to toot Elijah's horn! Elijah played in his first high school baseball game last night. He got one of only two hits of the night and made two outs playing 2nd base. Pretty good start for him. We're all really proud of him and his efforts! Way to go, Elijah! We have had what seems like a long day to me. That can be good and can be bad. I guess we have had a little of both. It was rainy day, but we managed to not have rain when getting to dialysis in the early hours. It was raining coming home. He got into the car at dialysis under cover...but getting out at home was a different story. I'm not sure who got wetter, but I think I was the winner for that, as I was out in it the longest. He had trouble transferring from the car to the wheelchair...partly because of the rain, but also he is still weak from his hospital stay and he tends to be weak after dialysis. But we finally made it inside and into his recliner. He had a snack and then a little later had his lunch. I spent the morning putting everyday things back in their places in the living room...and I did complete that task. We both rested after lunch after our efforts of getting in out of the rain. I napped and I think he did a little, too. This afternoon I was gathering things for recycling and taking them out to the curb for pick up tomorrow. When I came back in, Woody was on the floor...in that short time he decided to transfer to the couch...major eye roll inserted here. I have found that if I am right behind him when he is transferring places that it works very well. I don't have to exert much effort...just be there in case and also give him a little push/nudge from behind if his body decides to head the wrong direction! Well, obviously I wasn't behind him this time since I was at the curb! I am trying to convince him to wait till I am there or call me if he wants to move from one place to another. He is hard to convince! Once again it was just an easy slide to the ground so he wasn't hurt. But he really couldn't maneuver to get himself back in the chair from the position he was on the floor. After 15 minutes or so he decided that I should call Nathan and ask him to bring a couple of the strongest of the children. Nathan really doesn't need to be doing a lot with his hand that the dog bit yesterday. I have seen his hand twice today and it doesn't look good...really swollen. Abigail showed up to wait for her dad to get there from Shelbyville (he was working at Edgemont Baptist where he is children's minister). The other children were otherwise occupied and Kathy was in Manchester. It wasn't long after Abigail got here, that her mother called and asked her to go get Elijah from his baseball practice and she, Kathy, would come to help Nathan. So in the end Nathan and Kathy managed to pick him up and get him to the couch...and there he has stayed since. He has been dozing...I think he was worn out from this latest escapade!!! I decided that it was time to change some things in the family room to give us some more room. I decided to remove the card table, which I used for supplies...so with the card table gone, I have had to redistribute Woody's wound care supplies. I have it partway done...tomorrow is another day to finish that job. Speaking of wound care supplies, another task of the day was to call the billing folk from that company and get them to file with the correct Medicare supplement company. We'll see if that is taken care of or not...at least I have made the call and the lady supposedly put a hold on the bill till it is looked into. Woody is all tucked in for the night...I dressed his leg wound before coming upstairs to blog. Melany called and we talked a little while and then I made it up here to blog. I still have to go down and load the last of today's dishes into the dishwasher. I"m not sure if I am going to do any handwashing or not...there are only a couple of things and I am just ready for my recliner and my heating pads and a little stitching and maybe reading. I did finish a book today. One of the ones for my Cottey College Alum book club...so I have read two of the next year's books...and then started another book which is also for the book club. I have to read them when they come to me...whether I remember them when the day to discuss them is another matter all together! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment