Thursday, March 14, 2024

Progress

First I will report on Woody's progress! He is fianlly gaining some weight and they aren't attempting to pull off the weight he has gained at dialysis (They pull off fluid weight during dialysis and Woody just isn't retaining enough fluid to need it pulled off.). Dr. O, Woody's nephrologist, told Woody today that they had raised his dry weight (the weight they accept before pulling off excess fluid). Today, and this still sounds horrible, Woody weighed 132.32 lbs...that's ten pounds more than he weighed when he came home from the hospital/rehab the end of January 2023. He still weighs too little but at least we are seeing some pouds come back on him! Major progress! Woody doesn't know what his dry weight was raised to...of course, he rarely asks questions of the doctor! I was just glad to hear the improvement in his weight. Tonight's photo shows my progress on the Bristol sampler that I am stitching. The top row shows the width that the sampler will be. Now I am working down and just doing part of the rows so I can see what the length of the sampler will be. I have reached the last row of alphabets/letters. This last row of letters that at the moment has an "SD" is probably a row of initials...often initials of family members or friends are included on samplers. I'm wondering if these iniials are for some of the sisters' friends at the orphanage. Sometimes when I am stitching reproductions of samplers, I like to speculate about the life/circumstances of the stitcher. On this sampler, I wonder which sister stitched what I happen to be stitching at the time. I have stitched on three pieces today...one that will be a gift and then this sampler and another sampler that will stay in our home...either finished or unfinished! I'm about to head down to dress Woody's leg wound and then attempt to put the brace back on. It is not easy to put on correctly and lately it has seemed to be bothering him some. We have to be so careful that it doesn't create more wounds! We are supposed to be in for storms/rain tomorrow. I'm hoping that we are going to be able to stay in for the day. I ran a couple of errands today so I wouldn't have to go out tomorrow. No dialysis so there is a strong possiblity that we will be able to be home bodies tomorrow...our preference! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment