Friday, March 22, 2024

Could It Really Be 55 Years?

I won't go as far as to say that it seems like yesterday...but 55 years?!? How could that many years have flowed under the proverbial bridge?!? It is what it is and we are what we are, as we head into our 56th year together! It has been a day like most when Woody doesn't have dialysis...try to get done what needs to be done and also do as little as possible at the same time! I have kept a bit busy. I did go to the grocery store this morning...that took a chunk out of the day...especially when you add in putting the purchases away. By the time I had them put away, it was time for lunch. I cooked some of the fresh vegetables that I bought...asparagus and also cauliflower. We had some of the asparagus with chicken pot pie for lunch. I made a favorite of both of ours with the cauliflower, Italian-Style Cauliflower, which is good both hot and cold. We each had a couple of florets when it was warm and then I put the rest in the refrigerator to chill. I had that mess to clean up...so have already run the dishwasher today and now need to empty it before I can put the supper dishes in the dishwasher. I have done some vacuuming downstairs. I plan to take the vacuum upstairs when I go back up and vacuum the hall. I worked some more on the Sunday School lesson and I also took a short nap before supper. We have had supper...tacos...so have that mess to clean up. Melany and Wade are coming tomorrow to work in the yard. I plan to make soup for our lunch tomorrow...and want to make somethiing for dessert...and perhaps a bread...but I think that I will just do preparation for some of this cooking and then cook it tomorrow when I am fresher. I may make banana bread in a few minutes, as I had some bananas in the refrigerator that needed attention...so that may happen in a few minutes once I get the counters cleaned off from taco fixings. Woody has been enjoying March Madness on his new TV...so far it is still working! Tomorrow will be another early-leave-in-the-dark morning...looking forward to several weeks ahead when we will be back to leaving in the daylight...again...I really don't like this time change! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment