Saturday, March 23, 2024

Nice Day

This was Melany's first day of Spring Break and she and Wade came here and worked on claning up our flower beds...getting them ready for Spring! This is my birthday gift from them.,.along with a couple of other things for our gardens/gardening. They raked and moved a LOT of wet leaves. The temperatures were pretty chilly and it was windy, but they perservered and even worked up a sweat! Our day started out as a typical Saturday...up and atum early and out the door early to get Woody to dialysis. I came home and got busy in the kitchen preparing our lunch. I made a cake for our strawberry shortcake base and put together a pot of Spicy Vegetable Beef Soup...a little before time to eat, I put together one of our favorite corn bread recipes and popped that into the oven. I think they were ready to eat after all their hard work. We visited for a while after lunch and then they headed back to Murfreesboro mid afternoon. I think that Woody and I took a nap! I unloaded the dishwasher a few minutes ago and am in the process of reloading it with what didn't fit in and what we have used since they left. I will start it when I go back down and load the last few things in that I have soaking and then wash the handwash items. Woody has already headed to his bed/couch...it has been a busier than usual day for him. When he wasn't in dialysis or visiting, he watched March Madness basketball. He plans to go to Sunday School in the morning. I will be teaching in the morning. I still need to go over my notes and see if more needs to be added to what I have already written down in my notes...I attempted to do that after they left, but my eyes closed before I even got the book open or the lesson notes pulled up on my iPad! We'll see if that was nap enough to get me to be able to get a little farther next try! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment