Friday, March 29, 2024

Wedding Fittings

As soon as breakfast was finished this morning, I got busy getting areas cleared in the living room and our bedroom for wedding garments to be tried on to see what was needed or not needed to be done with them. Nathan, Kathy, Abigail, Joy, Esther, Elijah, Isaac, and Joseph all sowed up for "the show!" Joy also brought her hair cutting bag as she planned to cut Goosey's (Woody's) hair if he felt up to it. I got Woody into the wheel chair and rolled into the kitchen...he wasn't about to miss this opportunity. He was ready for a hair cut! Kathy and Abigail went upstairs to get Abigail into her dress. Yesterday Abigail bought the shoes that she plans to wear so that meant that we could now check the length of the dress. Today I just measured and decided about how much to shorten it...pinned it to see if it looked about right. Then she was finished with her fitting for this time.I will baste up the amount that we decided and see if it will work...her next fitting...for this time. Esther headed up next to put on her bridesmaid gown. It needed a little more than shortening...but we decided that perhaps what she needed was a smaller size...so Kathy ordered the next size down and we will see if that takes care of altering needs. I pinned up the amount that we thought it needed to be shortened and she walked a bit to see if that length was better. Hers I won't baste up the hem since we are hoping that another dress size will work better. Joy tried hers on after she got finished with Goosey's haircut. Hers fits well...just needs to be shortened a little...so I'll be basting up that amount to see if what we decided is corrext. So...wedding attire is getting readied for the big day! Abigail told us how many days left, but I didn't retain...maybe 78? I'll let you in on a little secret...Abigail makes a beautiful bride!!! And, her two sisters beautiful bridesmaids! After they left it was lunch time. Woody chose Spicy Vegetable Beef soup from "jis menu." The next hour or so after lunch was passed doing a little of this and a little of that. Then it was time to head to TN Oncology for his every three week appointment that includes getting his Keytruda infusion. I dropped him off and then came home and planned to get back to my secret stitching project, but ended up napping during a good part of the time till they called to say he was ready to be picked up. I got back and it was a nice enough day that he chose to sit out in front of the building waiting for me while sitting in the sun. It looked like he was the last man standing...absolutely no cars in the parking lot. I did get a little stitcing done after he got home. We have had supper and now I'm heading down to clean up the last dishes in the kitchen. Woody had headed to his bed/couch just before I came upstiars to blog. So we are winding down for this day...getting ready to rest and be ready for another dark and early day in the morning. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment