Saturday, March 9, 2024

Saturday Saunterings

Started out our Saturday heading to Woody's dialysis center at 6am. I came home and in a little while I headed out to meet Nathan at Lowe's shortly after they opened to see about what to get for traction on the ramp. We found a product...now to wait for some dry days in a row so the boards can be thoroughly dry before applying the strips. I came home and worked in the kitchen...preparing some things to put in the freezer, feeding my sourdough starter, and just some other things that needed to be done. I also brought down a stack of EOBs to see if I can get them in date order. I had them in date order at one time, but having to rifle through them looking for certain dates has them not as user friendly as they were! I thought that I was pretty much finished with last years...but some bills have come up from the Fall so I will hunt through the 2023 stack again. I picked up Woody from dialysis. Once again, he had a good dialysis day...three good dialysis days for his three treatments this week! That's what we want! After I got him home and settled, I realized that I hadn't gone to the Credit Union and needed to make a birthday transfer for Wade, our son-in-law. He and I share birthdays...easy to remember this way...but I had neglected to "take care of his gift" despite knowing the day! I got that done. Came home and we had lunch. After lunch Linda, Darin, and Michelle Hasty stopped by, came in to visit for a few minutes and then we headed off to a moving/estate sale together. The sale is at the former home of my friend and owner of the Montessori School where I taught for 27 years. She and her husband have recently moved to live nearer to their daughters. A lot of memories of the years spent teaching with her as I walked through their home and looked at LOTS of things that she loved. It was also good to see her daughters and others of her friends who were helping with the sale. I bought two items to remind me of her...a little demitasse cup and saucer (reminds me of her love of dishes) and a wooden knife box/caddy that her mother made. I plan to use that to display some of my needlework finishes or store sewing tools...to be determined. We had an enjoyable time visiting as we walked around stopping to admire both items being sold and architectural features of the house. I had never gotten to see their current home so I was glad to get this glimpse into the last years of their lives in Tullahoma. The Hastys dropped me off and I my saunterings of the day ended! I showed Woody my purchases and gave him a midafternoon snack of strawberry shortcake. I headed upstairs to stitch for a few minutes...but...didn't get many Xs made before my eyes closed...guess I was tired after my gadding about! We have now had supper. I am about to go see about removing his new brace so I can change the dressing on his wound. So far he seems to be comfortable wearing it...he wore it when he slept last night and had a really good night's sleep. I do think that it helped him when he was transferring from place to place today. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Time change tonight...lose an hour and I gain a year when I wake up in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday , dear friend! God bless you, Brenda

    ReplyDelete