Friday, March 8, 2024

Friday Doings

Wednesday a couch...today a TV. Woody's TV (well, it is our TV as it is the only one we have, but I rarely watch it these days.) gave up the ghost today...we decided that "they" don't make them the way they used to...but at least the price of TVs has come way down. Nathan attempted to get it back...but shortly after he left Woody was looking at a black screen and just hearing the news. A few minutes ago, the doorbells rang and there was Nathan on the other side of the door with a large box. He came in and set it up with ease. So Woody is back in business. Really the TV is one of his distractions that helps him get through the day and sometimes the night! Woody had good doctor appointments today. He got a clamshell brace to help stabilize his leg. The wound care doctor felt that Woody looked like he had gained weight. She said that his face was fuller and less gaunt than it had been. She hasn't seen him for a month. She said that is a good thing as that means that his body isn't using all the nutrients that it gets to ward off "things." Woody seems pleased with the brace so far. He had good lab reports at his oncology appointment. He got his Keytruda. I think we were both glad to get him back in the house and settled in his chair after those two appointments. I go with him to the wound care appointment, but I leave him for the two hours that it takes for his oncology appointment. Today I didn't feel like doing much of anything so decided to just stitch. I did remake his couch/bed while he was gone. After he got home, I got busy and made sweet 'n sour pork for supper. He really seems to enjoy that. I think that it is because we don't have it all that often. I still have the kitchen mess to continue to clean up. Along with making the sweet 'm sour pork, I also prepared some things for the freezer...diced the rest of the peppers that I didn't use in the pork dish and am getting ready to get them into a freezer zip-lock bag and also am going to cube up another pound of pork for the freezer to be ready for another sweet 'n sour meal. So kitchen tasks still aren't through. I decided to come write the blog before I got my hands dirty cubing up the pork! All in all we have had a pretty good day...once again busy and I think that we will both be glad to "hit the hay" tonight! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment