Monday, March 4, 2024

Monday Doings

The car got its recall taken care of...pretty easily on our part...just had to hand the key over to the young man who had his instructions on what to fix. Easy peasy! I have done this and that around the house today...trying to get things back in order...I'm slow on the draw this year...still have everyday items to get put out...getting closer, though. I got an unexpected text this morning telling me that Nathan was in the ER. A stray dog bit him on the hand...several puncture wounds on his index finger and then a couple on his hand. Since they don't know who owns the dog...and he wasn't chipped. They were able to capture the dog and take him to animal control. But Nathan is having to take a series of Rabies shots. Last I talked to Nathan, he said that it was pretty painful. One of my big fears is of dogs...for just this reason. I was bitten as a child and to this day I pretty much will walk around a city block to avoid going near a dog that isn't contained. I did a little shopping via Facebook with a friend...more about that later! I did manage to call and make an appointment for Woody to see our personal care physician the first of next week...one more appointment. This week is pretty covered up with places to be...with dialysis three days, wound care/brace appointment, and TN Oncology for his Keytruda infusion. It was nice to stay at home today. Woody does seem to be getting a little of his strength back, but still pretty weak. Before I went to Furnace Room Prayer meeting this evening, he moved over to the couch and was pretty settled in by the time I got home. I did dress his leg wound and put antibiotic cream on his leg after I got home...reason I am a bit later posting tonight. When I got home, he did tell me that he had a headache so I gave him some Tylenol...hope that will help him sleep most of the night. I heated up a bowl of soup and am eating a late supper after prayer meeting. I'm ready for this rather busy-stay-at-home day to come to a close. I am ready to read and do a little stitching before I close my eyes for the night. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment