Saturday, March 16, 2024

Mid-March Saturday

Once again, today has seemed like a day and a half. The time change is still messing with us. I can't get used to what seems like lots of extra hours at the end of the day. I still am not sleeping right...waking up too early...and then it is too close to the time to get up that I don't dare go back to sleep...os I might get into too deep a sleep and not respond to my alarms. I woke up so early this morning that I ended up working on the Sunday School lesson in the middle of the night...then the rest of the day I have been fighting sleep...have taken several naps...not planning to! Woody has dozed off and on this afternoon, too. I had my Zoom Cottey College Alum book club meeting for an hour this morning...right after I got Woody back home from dialysis. We had an enjoyable discussion as we always have. Interesting to see what others see in a book that you have read...see other points of view. I rested and worked on the Sunday School lesson this afternoon. Then went downstairs and worked on supper for Woody. The plan was for tacos and this time that meant that I had to make flour tortillas as we were out. I make them as the store bought ones have preservatives that Woody isn't supposed to have. Tortilla making is not my favotite thing to do! But they are made and they do keep for quite a while so I won't have to make them again for a while. I also had to make the meat mixture as there was none left in the freezer to use. So lots of "from the start" that I had to do for this meal. Thus he has just finished his supper...a bit later than usual for us. Woody seems to be doing so much better with his dialysis since they have upped his dry weight. He has now had two good weeks of dialysis with no "spells" during or at the end. A very good thing! I have quite a mess to clean up in the kitchen and still have to get the Sunday School lesson notes completed and printed out...so the evening isn't over for me. Still have his leg wound to dress, too. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment