Wednesday, March 20, 2024

First Full Day of Spring

And, a very nice first full day of Spring it has been. It stated out rather chilly, but turned into a nice sunny Spring day. Welcome Spring! We haven't done a lot except stay home today and do things that needed to be done. I think that I filled the capacity of the one end of the Christmas closet...next job is move the boxes that are left into Melany's old room and once again have a hallway that isn't half filled with boxes! Then I will be able to run the vacuum down the hall again...not that I have missed being able to do that! I have read and did some stitching. This afternoon I found out that I will be teaching Sunday School again this Sunday so started studying for the lesson. I spent a while concocting the filling for the chicken pot pie. I thought that it was pretty tasty and the pastry crust was very flaky and good. Woody just ate it, didn't want seconds and that was all that I learned from him as to whether he liked it or not. He has been working on a Bible Crossword book this afternoon. For some unknown reason the TV went black this evening...you could still hear it, but no picture. I have SOSed Nathan to see if he will stop by after church to see if he can work his magic on it. I just know that it was working...the remote was in the edge of Woody's chair. He got up to go into the bathroom and when he stood up there was no picture...I wonder if he did something to the remote as he got up...but we can't see any buttons that might have caused the screen to go black and the sound to stay on...he turned it off and then back on...now screen is black and no sound. I unplugged it and left it unplugged for a short time and then plugged it back in...no change. It is sort of what happened to the old TV...thinking that it may be user error...why can't there be simply an on and off button and a channel up and down button?!? Though, truthfully this remote is fairly simple and has no where near the buttons that some of our remotes have had. This sort of reminds me of my sister telling the story about our Grandpa having trouble with our TV and always calling her to fix it. At least she was in the same house...a bit of a problem that we have to holler at Nathan who isn't here and has to make a special trip or at least an extra stop. Nathan is wondering if it could be our surge protector...but it is one that we got recently...who knows! But at the moment our house is much quieter than usual. Well, I need to go finish cleaning up from my cooking efforts of the day. I have it pretty much cleaned up except for the last step of the pot pie...the pastry mat. I have already washed the non dishwasher dishes by hand. I will go load the last dishes and wipe off the counters and stove and put the closed sign on the kitchen for the night. We will be up and out early tomorrow morning...supposed to be above freezing tomorrow morning at 6am...but not by much...but it may feel like a heatwave after yesterday's 23°! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment