Friday, March 1, 2024

March is Here!

I guess we can say that March came in like a lamb...we did have a little rain, but no storms...it was chilly, but still not a bad day. We have stayed in today...except I did get the mail! But no appointments or any other reason to leave the house. Woody is pretty weak, but I think that he has improved at least a small amount as the day went by. He is all tucked in. He spent the first part of the day sitting up on the couch working his crossword puzzles and watching some TV. Before lunch he used his walker to get over to the recliner. Later in the afternoon, he used the walker to get into the bathroom. I did take him out in the wheelchair. Then before supper, he went back to the couch using his walker. He ate supper sitting on the couch and not long after he finished, he was ready to lie down. I have him tucked in for the night. I changed the dressing on his leg and put the antibiotic cream on his leg before he went back to the couch. I checked his blood pressure this afternoon and it is still running high...so the blood pressure med hasn't kicked in yet. The hospitalist said that it may need to be changed as she has starated him out on the lowest dose. I have his new rotation of meds in the cabinet. And, it is literally a rotation...I have 3 "lines" of meds on the shelf...one for breakfast, one for lunch and one for supper...some of the morning meds get taken at all three meals, some at two and some at just one. As I get them out for one meal, I move the bottle into the "line" when it will be taken next. I made sure to not move the blood pressure back into the morning "line" as he is not to take it on the morning that he has dialysis...so just left it in the supper "line." This method seems to be working well for me to keep things straight. We'll see now that we have added a couple of new meds into the "lineup!" I realized a little while ago that I couldn't find his shaving kit...I took it to him at the hospital with his hair brush, toothbrush, tooth paste, and razor. I remembered zipping it up at the hospital and sayint that we didn't want to leave it. I had it with the rest of the things to take home...but he asked for his toothbrush and I guess that it got placed out of sight as it didn't get home. After a thorough search of the house and car, I called the nurses station and it is there so I will go get it tomorrow before I pick him up from dialysis. Rolling my eyes over this ocersight! We've had a couple of interesting contacts today. We received a recall on our car a while back and it has been hard to find a time for me to not have the car so it could spend severl hours at the dealership. Yesterday I received an email from the dealership and I decided it was time to work out a time. So last night when Nathan was here, I asked him when he could help me get it there. This morning I emailed back to tell them that we could do it on a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday in the morning. I received an email back saying that they could send their mobile unit and do the fix right in our driveway! That fix is supposed to happen Monday morning. Should be interesting. Then we got a text from Woody's wound care group saying that they had contacted the gentleman in Estill Springs who is supposed to be making Woody some sort of support brace for his leg and that he would be at Woody's appointment this coming Friday at Wound Care. That came about because of Woody being in the hospital and his wound care team coming to see and care for him in the hospital. One of the nurses asked me if we had heard from the gentleman and when I said "no," she said that she would try to contact him before next Friday. Done! Done! I hope that he has something for Woody that will work and will help to support his leg when he is moving about. Wound care is involved as they have to be sure that said brace or whatever can't rub on the wound that is part of the unstable part of his leg! Fingers crossed nd lots of prayers that a solution has been found that will help and that Woody can endure wearing! I made a pot of soup this morning...so back in the kitchen! I just got the dishwasher going and turned the lights out in the kitchen for the night. I have managed to do a little stitching and met a goal on the piece that I am making for a gift. I will continue with it, but plan to work on something else for a break for a while this evening. Tomorrow we will be up early. I just hope that he will easily transfer from chair or couch to wheelchair and then from wheelchair to car, etc. Since he was able to today, I am hoping that he will be able to after a good night's sleep and a good breakfast. I'm wondering how he will do at dialysis tomorrow. Hopefully they have revised his dry weight and won't pull much fluid off of him...now to figure ot why his blood pressure is staying so high whenever he isn't on dialysis...need to get that down so when his blood pressure drops during dialysis it isn't a drastic drop. I imagine that the nurses at Fresenius will be concerned as to how he will react during dialysis each time now...hpefully we can get him stabilized! To be continued! Be safe@ Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment