Monday, March 25, 2024

The March Wind Doth Blow!

It has been pretty windy all day. I think that these winds are supposed to blow in storms over night and into the morning. When I got home from prayer meeting, I saw to tasks that helped Woody be ready for the overnight hours and then fixed myself some supper and cleaned up the dishes. Except for prayer meeting, our car didn't leave the driveway today. I thought that I would pick up prescriptions at the pharmacy today, but there were problms with figuring out refills for some of Woody's. But that is the reason that I like dealing with a independent pharmacy...we know them, they know us and they go the extra mile. One of the pharmacists called me to figure out which doctors to contact about which prescription. I didn't even try to pick up the medicine today...figure it will take a day of two to get all of them phoned in and then have the doctors' offices to respond. I do know that one has been faxed back to the drugstore as Vanderbilt messaged me that it had. I will stop by tomorrow and pick up my prescriptions and see if his have been taken care of...I was just trying to get a group of meds all being filled at the same time to save extra trips to the drugstore...imagine that it will take several trips to get all five that I phoned in today...mine should already be filled...just Woody's are causing the problem! At least we are not at the last of his so maybe by the time he runs out they will be filled! One of them is from TN Oncology, if they haven't responded to the pharmacy by Friday, I will have Woody tell them that he needs a refill. I am going to need to buckle down and do a lot of stitching over the next days...if I am to have the gifts ready that I have planned. I texted with Kathy today and she said that Abigail is planning to get her wedding shoes sometime this week...hopefully...then she will be over here to try on her dress and we will see if it has to be shortened. Joy and Esther also have to come over with their bridesmaids dresses and see if their Grammy has the skills to alter them. I can shorten them, but other alterations we will have to see about! Grammy hasn't been sewing much so her skills may be a bit rusty! Woody worked on his usual crossword puzzles and also did more in several of his crossword books...he has baseball crosswords and Bible crosswords...both of which he has been working in since he finished his yearly calendar of daily puzzles. I'm hoping that it won't be stormy when we leave dark and early in the morning...hoping that there will be a break in the rain at least while we get Woody into the car. There is a cover where I let him out at the center. I hate for him to get wet and have to sit in wet clothes for the four hours of dialysis! He has a good hooded jacket that does a pretty good job of keeping his dry...and a fleece throw over him will help too...but that short period of time when he transfers from his wheelchair to the carseat can be a time to get fairly wet depending on his speed of transfer! I guess time will tell at what point we are in when leaving as to where the storms are that are supposed to blow through here. Hopefully we can zip between raindrops and stay dry!!!!! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment