Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Maybe a Stormy Night

We're watching the skies...well, not any more as it is getting dark...but conditions are right for it to be a stromy night on into tomorrow morning. So far the bad storms have been north of us...but there has been rotation activity not all that far away. I am hearing thunder in the distance. We have had an uneventful day...so far...it's not over yet. Woody finished a book, did his puzzles and has watched TV and has been checking out things on his laptop. He has been able to transfer successfully today...so sliding onto the floor...we'll see if he can continue that as I am going downstairs to help him transfer over to his couch/bed right now. He asked me to come down at 7:30 so I will go down and come back to finish the blog.I'm back! "Only" took a little more than 15 minutes to get him from his recliner to the couch...a two foot or less move! But he is safely in his bed. I have asked him to stay on the couch and not transfer by himself to the recliner in the morning...mainly to conserve his strength for the transfers necessary to get him to dialysis. I'm just hoping that we don't have rain/storms included in those transfers in the wee hours of the morning. Also hoping that we don't have a tornado warning and he needs to move to the bathroom...one of our safe spots in the house. Tornado warnings are popping up all around us...I don't like when there are tornado warnings to start with...but they are so much more dangerous in the night...when you can't see what is coming. Programming on TV has all turned over to storm watching...both in Nashville and Huntsville. I have watched a little of Nashville on their app, but out TV is tuned to Huntsville. Linda H. just texted me that she is in the storm shelter room that they built into their house. She is in the county to our north and they are under a tornado warning. So far we are not in one...at least no tornado warning siren going for us...yet. Today was a cooking day for me. I roasted a chicken on the convection oven setting on our stove. I also made a pot of soup...I've got to build up the choices for Woody again! He is enjoying the strawberries that I got the other day...I am enjoying them, too. We each had strawberry shortcake for dessert with lunch. I'm hoping to do a little stitching this evening while I relax and get ready to sleep a few hours before the alarm goes off around 4am (eyes rolling!). Here's hoping that we aren't tardy tomorrow and that we can manage on our own! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment