Monday, May 27, 2024

Remembering 2024

We have had a fairly quiet day. I spent a lot of time in the kitchen...mainly jobs to be able to put things in the freezer...diced and chopped red, orange, and yellow bell peppers and froze them. Froze several portions of soup for future meals. Deboned and skinned chicken thighs and put the meat in the freezer. Made a small batch of broth with the bones. That is in the refrigerator chilling before I freeze it in two-cup portions. I broiled hamburgers for our lunch. Woody seemed to enjoy his...he ate his in pita bread...I enjoyed a real hamburger bun! Nathan and Joseph stopped by this afternoon when they were out and about. Then we had to put in an SOS call to Nathan as Woody had gotten scooted down so far in his recliner that I couldn't get any leverage to be able to get him up and into the wheelchair to get him to his couch/bed. Nathan, Elijah and one of Elijah's friends were actually on the road that runs behind our house when I called, so they turned around and were here very quickly. Nathan and Elijah just picked him up and carried him the few steps to the couch. So Woody is settled for the night...hopefully! I have cleaned and cleaned the kitchen...the dishwasher is running for the second time today and I just finished quite a few by hand that either didn't fit in the dishwasher or aren't supposed to go in the dishwasher. But at least I can say that the kitchen is closed for today! I did finish hemming Esther's dress yesterday so wedding hemming is finished and I can move on to other things that I have neglected! I think, though, that for tonight, I am going to either read or cross stitch. I just have to remember that today is Monday...seems like either Saturday or Sunday. But we have to be up and out dark and early in the morning. Nathan will be here early to help us get out of our house and then into dialysis. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment