Saturday, February 14, 2009

Descending...7...6...

Just moments ago Woody started on his 8th IL-2 infusion...so "just" six to go! He's hanging in there by God's grace. He has told me that he can't imagine coming back for more of this in a week and a half--and I can understand. All of the medical staff continue to say how great he is doing--hopefully that encourages him. Woody did tell me a few minutes ago that he feels like the IL-2 is working--so he is thinking postively. Every time another one of these treatments starts, I pray that it be directed to the place in his body that needs it most.

At least during this five day stay there are less infusions left to take than he has already taken. He truthfully doesn't have much more than an once of energy--definitely a feeling that he isn't used to having. He still has strength and doesn't have trouble sitting up or standing up or walking--but only does any of those when an absolute need arises.

I slept well last night. Woody did awaken me several times to help him, but I was able to go right back to sleep. I don't think that Woody slept as well last night as he did yesterday afternoon--but at least he is getting good rest at some time during the day/night. He seems to be resting peacefully right now.

Oh, and to show you that he isn't confused yet...at 2:50 this morning he wished me a Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment