Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday update

Woody is now finding out how I often feel--that I just can't get warm--and he was always one who would never turn on the heat as he was comfortable with it being cold in the house. Now he keeps telling me that he just can't get warm. I guess that the IL-2 has messed with his body's thermostat.

Sometime in the night last night Woody broke out in a sweat. He said after that happened he started feeling better. I guess he could have had a slight fever--but I really don't think so--I feel like it was the IL-2. But, whatever it was, he does feel a bit better today. He has done a lap or two through the house, gone up and down stairs several times during the day (rather than reserving the stairs just for coming down in the morning and going up at night), taken a shower, washed his hair, and shaved. Those activities still wore him out, but not quite as much as earlier in the week. So maybe by the time it is time for him to go back into the hospital he will be feeling much better and much stronger. I think that his coloring is better too. He is still peeling, but not as badly as earlier in the week.

A Vanderbilt nutritionist called Woody today. She was trying to make an appointment for him to come in due to the fact that he has lost weight. But he assured her that he was fine and that he was sure that once these treatments are behind him that he would be gaining his weight back. Definitely his appetite is returning. It is becoming a little less difficult to find things that appeal to him--either that or I have just figured out what to offer him! He is eating healthy foods--junk-type foods don't appeal to him--like super sweet things or super salty things.

No comments:

Post a Comment