Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hopes were dashed

We were told that Woody was being dismissed--and then the word changed. The medical student assigned to Woody's case came in and told us that his numbers were still climbing and that we have to stay at least one more night/day. Then to top it off they had to move us to another room--so we are now on the 8th floor with not a good view! The room is a bit bigger--but I would choose familiarity over bigger!

So be praying that the numbers go down for his creatinine and other readings. I think that this is unusual--why do we have to do the unusual??!! I am in favor of doing the usual/normal!

I did find out from our 11th floor nurse, when she was helping me transfer all our stuff, that the date for Woody to start his next IL-2 is not set in stone--that since this complication has come up that the dates for the next infusions might be pushed off a bit--so we will see. I know that Woody can't imagine coming back for more next week. We will see what his melanoma doctor says.

Needless to say, Woody is a bit down about not getting to go home today--me too!

2 comments:

  1. We have been in Holbrook for the last few days and I was anxious to get back to the computer. I was hoping you would be writing from home, but we all know what we expect and what happens are sometimes two different things. We will continue to pray for things to just "follow the book" and nothing out of the ordinary to happen...unless of course, it's the Lord's will for a quick miracle or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that you can't go home yet. I know how anxious you both must be to sleep and relax in your own place. As disappointing as it is, we know that it's best everything gets taken care of before you leave the hospital. We'll pray for good numbers!

    ReplyDelete