Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Suggestions needed!

One of the reasons that I am supposed to accompany Woody during these treatments is because they need to know if he is in his right mind--and a nurse is not necessarily the best person to do that. Woody has decided that we need some questions that I can ask him to decide if he is confused or not during his treatments. He suggested something like they do when a ball player gets knocked out and they are trying to decide if he has a concussion or not--like "how many fingers am I holding up?" or "what year is it?" or "who is the President?"

We have come up with one question that I cannot ask him as neither of us can agree on the answer--and that is: What time did Woody ask me to marry him? He says one time and I say another. He says that I am wrong and I know that he is wrong! So that is definitely not a good question!

So...any suggestions?

Woody has used up all of his post-operative pain medication. Now during the day he is taking ibuprofen and at night will take the stronger pain medication that Dr. Sosman prescribed for him prior to his surgery. He has had a restful day staying in and trying to stay warm.

2 comments:

  1. Boy! I would say "what are the kid's birthdates", but when Miche' was in kindergarten and needed to know her birthday, Gregg took that upon himself and taught her M'Liss' birthdate by mistake. So, that wouldn't work for him. At our age, I feel like we sometimes live in a state of confusion. I would be in real trouble!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask him who the neighbors are?
    or Whose handprints are all over the garage?
    Does he remember the last day he road his bike?

    ReplyDelete