Friday, February 6, 2009

Precursor of what's to come?

The side effects of the Zometa started in the night for Woody and have lasted a good part of the day. He has had aches, chills, trembles, and sweats--not a good day to say the least. He did manage to sleep away some of the day. Late this afternoon he started to feel a bit better, but hasn't felt like doing much except stay in his recliner all wrapped up in fleece throws. He hasn't had much of an appetite for most of the day, but was ready to eat when supper time came around.

I asked him if he wanted to take a fleece throw with him. He asked me where he was going to take it. I said to the hospital next week. He said that he was having second thoughts about the hospital! And I can understand why--I have a feeling that the last few hours have been mild in comparison to what he will experience next week.

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea what he is going through, but I am actually crying for him and his pain. He is one treatment closer to being done with this, but even one-step-at-a-time can seem monumentous. Remember while in labor, the doctor would say, just a couple of more hours!!! He might as well have said a couple of more years! But, the pain was eventually over. I truly feel for him. We are praying harder.

    ReplyDelete