Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cough must be better!

Woody came upstairs this afternoon and said that he was planning to walk to the Post Office and did I want to go with him. Well...that is a pretty long walk...more than a three-mile round trip and we have been either not walking or sticking pretty close to our neighborhood this past week due to my allergies and my cough (or rain), so...I wasn't sure. But I did go and we had a really nice walk and saw lots of interesting things...like: pristine streams of Tullahoma (shopping cart in stream), lots of interesting mushrooms and fungi, part of Tullahoma's historical district, horses, steeples, interesting places to rest during a walk (chair in a ditch?), signs to entice us to buy southern delicacies (fried bologna biscuits...ick!), a leveled Sonic (no strawberry limeade for me!), a couple of rather steep hills, a pretty espaliered fence, bird sanctuaries, etc. I will admit to being very glad to get home and take off my shoes and flop on the bed!

Our Sunday started out pretty much as usual...we both went to Sunday School. Woody taught the 6th and 7th grade boys class. We came home, had lunch, Woody watched a DVD and I did a bit of sewing, and then we went off on our walk. At the moment it is storming again...at least we found a dry time to take a walk! Woody is downstairs reading. Nice Sunday!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment