Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Highways, Bi-ways, One-ways, & Freeways of Our Life!


Here are pictures of some of the roads that we traverse when we head to Vanderbilt each week. We start out on a back road that has two-way traffic...there is even a one-way bridge pictured at the top. There are times when we get slowed down a bit by getting behind tractors and construction vehicles. We take this road till it gets us to Murfreesboro. Then we are on a four-lane divided highway till we get to the interstate. The interstate picture is of yesterday's rush-hour traffic on I-24 as we were heading home. The last leg of our trip to Nashville (or first leg on the way home) is picturesque 21st Ave which is pictured on the bottom left...a very pretty street...but also quite congested...a street that blends old and modern...college students and professionals.

I'm trying something new tonight. I found software that will let me collage my pictures. I was telling Woody on our trip yesterday that I wished that I could do that so it would be easier to share several pictures at a time...and not have them just lined up. So last night I went searching and found this free software (Picasa) that is associated with Google...it lets me get the pictures ready and then I can send them directly into the blog...so I am trying it tonight. I tested it last night and the pictures were clickable so we will see if they are tonight so you can see more detail of the highways, bi-ways, one-ways, and freeways of our life!

Today is Day 23 of Cycle 2 and as far as I can tell Woody has had a good day. He got up early as he usually does, went to work, walked at lunch, came home did a little yard work, ate supper, and then we went on about a two-mile walk (no camera this time so we could walk a little faster!) I think that he might be helping me with the dishes at the moment...if what I think I'm hearing is correct! All-in-all a very good day on this beautiful low humidity first day of September in Middle TN.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment