Saturday, September 12, 2009

How Brave Are You?


Woody came upstairs this afternoon, after he came in from outside, and asked, "How brave are you?" I told him, "not very brave." He had found the pictured yellow jacket hole that was "very active...and did I want to take pictures of it?" I am a "major chicken" when it comes to stinging insects...so I wasn't really sure! But...got my camera and tripod ready and headed over to the spot. I probably took around 100 pictures...of which I probably only got a dozen pictures that showed the yellow jackets in focus...and many didn't have even a glimpse of one in the picture...they are really fast! But, here are a few of the ones that allow you to see what we saw. It wasn't until we came back inside and started looking at the pictures that we saw what some of the yellow jackets were doing. The picture that I consider to be in the middle of this collage shows a yellow jacket with a piece of dirt in his mouth...guess he was helping to make their underground home a bit roomier! We both survived the picture shoot without a sting...a good thing! (Be sure to click on the collage so you can see the pictures larger)

Woody got up really early this morning and went on an eight mile walk. He was home in time to take his morning nausea medicine and chemo and drug study pills. A little after 8am we decided that we would walk the Tullahoma Greenway (earlier in the day than we walked it before) and then go to the library after our jaunt. I don't know how far we walked...but we discovered that it goes much farther than just to the high school if we take the other fork in the path! Woody thinks that it was three miles...but I think that it was longer! But, then, I don't walk as much as he does...so it probably "seemed" longer to me! Woody experienced some pain in his arm and shoulder while we were walking. Once we got home and he was able to sit down and relax the pain went away.

This afternoon, besides helping me photograph yellow jackets, Woody has relaxed and read and watched a couple of DVDs that he got at the library this morning. A little while ago he took his evening drug study pills...so those are over for another day. Just two more days of the drug study meds and then he will be through taking pills for cycle 3.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment