Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cycle 6, Day 9

It has been a cold day here in Middle Tennessee. Despite the temperature, Woody decided to go for a walk. He walked to the library...returned some books and DVDs and checked out some more. He did say that the walk tired him out a bit. Woody has read and watched TV and the DVDs this afternoon and evening. A call from my doctor's office awakened me this morning...but there was good news on the other end of the line...my lab work came back okay and I don't have to go back for 6 months...sounds good to me! After the call, I headed into the sewing room. This afternoon before heading to the church library, I finished up one of the doll dresses...two to go.

Tonight's picture is one of the several butterfly ornaments that adorn our tree. This one is made of shells. Melany brought it back to us from a trip to Hilton Head Island. We have ornaments that remind us of our trips and of other's trips too.

There's lots of Christian symbols on our tree. The butterflies remind me of Christ's resurrection: the butterfly emerging from its cocoon represents the resurrection of Christ from the tomb. The butterfly can also represent our new life in Christ: as the butterfly comes forth with a new body, those who trust in Christ come forth with new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment