Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Five-Month-Old Takes Center Stage!

Ta-dahhhhhh!!!!!! Here's Elijah doing his trick of standing on his daddy's hand. This is how Nathan introduced him to the crowd at their shows this year at the Night In Bethlehem. All of their children learned to do this trick early on...but I think that Elijah did it the earliest...seems like he first did it when he was three-months-old. A lot turned out for the annual Christmas event at our church...both last night and tonight. We have had two good weather nights this year...some years have really been miserable...with extreme cold, rain, snow, and one year an ice storm cancelled the festivities. Tomorrow may not bode as well weather-wise...but we'll take what fair weather we can get! I didn't go out into the Bethlehem village tonight...just stayed in and tried to get some decent pictures of the juggling show. I'm still learning this camera and night scenes and lots of movement (like juggling) are a challenge. I took the tripod tonight and used it for their last show to see if that would make a difference.

I got up early and completed a secret sewing project that Kathy had asked me to do. Then I got underway with making a huge book order and filling memorials for our church library...an all day job. At one point the neighbors arrived bearing presents to put under the tree and then they stayed a while to shake presents. Then Graham, Abigail, and Joy decided to stay on till lunch. I went back to work on my memorials and they played and read with Goosey (Woody). A little later in the afternoon, Nathan brought Joy over because the rest were going to rest and she wasn't...so she and Woody spent a while longer together...while I continued to finalize the book order and assign books for memorials. I made the order and finally got the paper work done that I needed to turn into the church so headed off there around 4:30pm. Came home had a sandwich for supper and then headed back to the church a little after 6pm to watch and take pictures at three juggling performances. Abigail officially juggled scarves this evening for the first time...6 catches...hooray for Abigail! Woody went out this morning and finished up his Christmas shopping and also made a stop at the library for more DVD's. Then he has played with grandchildren, read, watched TV and DVD's and tried to take it easy...he needs to be well rested as I have LOTS planned for him tomorrow. Our family Christmas is Thursday and there's still lots to be done before then. I'm hoping for a good night's sleep so I will have a HIGH energy day tomorrow to accomplish all that needs to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment