Friday, December 4, 2009

O Tannenbaum

Decorating is finished...and I am about finished too! Here's our tree. Last night I showed you the first ornament that I put on the tree yesterday and here it is about 699 ornaments later...what a job! The sides and back are just as full as the front. We have no lights on the tree...the ornaments are our lights! I enjoy putting them on (despite the back ache!) because each one is a memory. Yesterday and today while I trimmed the tree I thought of each family member and friend who gave them to us.

Woody has had a busy day...he got up early, went to work, walked at lunch, came home, and almost immediately headed out to do the grocery shopping. We had so many errands to run that we decided to split them up...but I fell down on my part...I was just too tired to run errands today. Woody ended up going to Kroger, WalMart, Office Max, and Lowes! So he had a major outing! This evening Joy came over after they returned from being away this week. Nathan is working on winterizing their motor home and he came over to borrow a certain size wrench and left Joy till he brings the wrench back...he's not back yet. Joy thought that maybe they had forgotten about her! She said that she could just sleep over here...which would be a possibility...BUT all extra beds are covered with Christmas related items. Oh...Nathan just came to get her...he said that he thought about just keeping the wrench for a while and letting us take care of Joy till he brought it back! As soon as Woody came in from shopping, I got started on our turkey soup...Thanksgiving leftovers are about over...they certainly have been a life saver for me this week...I didn't have to think about cooking while I decorated. By the way, all decorating is done...now the big job putting ALL the boxes back in the Christmas closet...Woody's job to work that puzzle! We're both looking forward to the weekend...Woody will be babysitting for Joy and Esther in the morning...and I have to get busy in Grammy's workshop (sewing room).

No comments:

Post a Comment