Monday, December 14, 2009

A Williamsburg Christmas


Quite a few years back now...I got to do something that I had dreamed about...go to Colonial Williamsburg, VA at Christmas time for their Grand Illumination. One of the daughters of the owner of the Montessori School, where I taught, attended William and Mary. When she started school there, we made up our minds that we (the school owner and myself) would go before she finished...and we did. What a marvelous time! Colonial Williamsburg is just about my favorite place to visit. I'm wanting to go back now that I have my new camera to capture the area digitally!

Well, I went to the doctor this morning. I'll know tomorrow or the next day if all the labs come back okay. Doubt that they will...almost every time something is wonky. Last night I started getting a sore throat...thought that it was probably sinus...but the doctor said that it was red and she put me on an antibiotic...a surprise to me when I thought that I was just going in for a well-visit...good timing though for my sore throat to show up (before rather than after the doctor visit)!

Woody drove me to to the doctor and put the seat back in the car and rested his eyes while I was in the doctor's office. We saw nothing of note to stop and take a picture on this jaunt. He read this afternoon while I continued on my sewing marathon. I had to hide anything that would give away the gifts, as we have Graham and Abigail with us while the rest of the family performs for an Upward's banquet in Alabama tonight. Graham and Abigail didn't want to miss their Upward's practices. Graham is on an Upward's basketball team and Abigail is doing Upward's cheerleading. Woody turned on PBS for them to watch a couple of shows. Abigail did some school work while I started preparations for our supper. And, then Graham and Abigail helped us open up the shipping boxes with presents from Arizona...they got to put them under the tree after checking whom each package was for...FUN!!!! Woody has taken them to their practices and left me to get a late supper for all of us. I have it ready except for cooking the pasta so decided to blog early. Well, best go get the water boiling so they can eat as soon as they get back...I'll bet they will be hungry after their workouts.

Best news of the night...Woody downed his last chemo pills for this cycle, just before he left with the kids...a very good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment