Monday, September 30, 2024

Monday…Again!

I have been working at various things around the house today. I got the wall hanging done and hung in the grouping on the wall behind my downstairs recliner. About the grouping: On the left is the new wall hanging that I made using a piece called "The Open Door," that my mother's mother stitched years ago. The picture on the top next to the wall hanging was painted by my father's first cousin. It is a painting of the Gilmore homestead in Maine. The little house I stitched the year we moved into this house...40 years ago. The "Home Sweet Home" piece, I stitched. The picture on the right was given to us as a house warming gift from Linda and Doyle H...so another from 40 years ago. This is a framed poem about how a house becomes a home. Everything in this grouping is about home. After I got the new piece hung on the wall, I headed off to get gas...needed to use my gas points from August before the calendar page is turned tomorrow. This is the first time that I have ever gotten a $1+ off each gallon. I only needed a half a tank...but that half tank only cost $12...and I have a full tank of gas again. I am not using any where near as much gas as we used to with all our trips to dialysis and other doctor appointments. On the way home I stopped at the grocery store down the road from my house...they had something that I needed that Kroger seems to no longer carry. This evening I have returned from Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting and am settling in. I think I will stitch for a while and watch a little TV before I head upstairs for the night. To be continued. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! Oops! Just realized that I posted the wrong picture of the wall grouping...well, you get a close-up of one with the new wall hanging and then...the one with the whole grouping.

No comments:

Post a Comment