Wednesday, June 12, 2019

And, There Was Light—Day 2


When I titled tonight's blog, I thought about the creation account in the Bible...but light was day one!

Another very productive work day on the kitchen.  All the cabinets have been removed.  They also worked on the plumbing for the sink and then electrical wiring for lights AND got the can lights all in.  Boy is it bright in their now.

I went on a mission today to find a pendant light for over the sink.  That hadn't been in my original plans, but when I realized that there would be no light directly over the sink, I got to wondering what we could do.  The contractor suggested a pendant light.  So I headed out after lunch and found one, bought it, brought it back home, and the workers got it the right length.  They needed it purchased so they would know where to put it in the ceiling.  Another decision made and completed...my part completed...they just have to put it in.  I also ordered the cold water filter that will go under the sink.  Still waiting on being told when to order the appliances!

By the way, the blue checkered wall paper is the wall paper that was on the walls when we moved in. Memories are literally popping out of the walls!  Most everything has a thin coating of dust on it after they drilled put holes for the can lights.  

Woody remembered his appointment at the oconology clinic here in Tullahoma...unlike me and my haircut appointment yesterday.  He had a late morning appointment and it was the quickest that he has ever gotten through there.  This is where he gets his shot for anemia and also his B-12 shot once a month.  This week has really been something for appointments...my iPad calendar has something on every day this week.  No wonder my head seems to be spinning...especially with the renovation beginning!

Woody worked out in the yard pulling weeds for a while today.  He ended stopping due to rain.  I had hoped to do a little sewing while the renovation is going on, but so far that hasn't happened.  I was glad that I did a load of wash last night and that I had washed our few dirty dishes prior to the workmen coming this morning.  It wasn't very far into the morning that they turned off the water with no warning.  I knew that they would be but just not when and figured that they would give us a heads up...but no!  So I ended up taking our water pitcher over to Nathan's to fill it so we would have some water to drink.

As I said, all the old cabinets have now been taken out.  Here is a picture of the current fill line of the dumpster:









No comments:

Post a Comment