Monday, June 10, 2019

Progress...At Least For Me!

Every cabinet...top and bottom...EMPTY!!!  I even had Nathan come over this morning and pull the refrigerator out so I could sweep and mop the floor in that space.  I wanted it clean before they get ready to lay the new floor.  They won't be taking the floor up, just putting it on top...well they will be putting a board of some kind on top on existing floor and then laying the new floor...I think.  I didn't want to have lumps and bumps of dirt under the new floor.  When we did the floor prior to this I did it realize that they wouldn't remove the old floor and I had scraped wall paper off and the floor was a mess and unbeknownst to me they put the new floor on top of all the mess!  That always bothered me...so at least this time I know that the layer directly under the new will be clean.

I still have things on the counter and on the kitchen table...things that we are still using and I figure that I can have them off quickly if the workers show up magically...about the magically...I haven't gotten a call yet to tell me what day!  Still being patient?!?  The living room has become the holder of LOTS of kitchen items.  I can still get to the items that we need...as the kitchen hasn't closed...at least not yet! Yesterday afternoon I made two meatloaves and put them in the freezer.  I still plan to cook a few hamburger patties and freeze them...but I think that I am through for the day.

This afternoon Esther came over to give us her and Joy's softball pictures for this season and we talked "cats!"  She does love her kitties!  Then somehow we got off onto social studies that she will be doing in 7th grade...not her favorite subject...I don't think!  I mentioned how much she had travelled and that most kids haven't been on three of the continents...that most just had to go on pictures that they see, but that she has actually seen so much both in Africa and Europe and so much of North America due to their travels.  She mentioned something about Poland and I pulled up a map and she wanted to know if we zoomed in if we could see the rivers, etc.  I told her not on the map we were looking at, but on Google Earth we could.  We had the best time going to all different places all over the world and zooming in and being able to see parts in 3-D.  We ended up in Disney World and she showed me the rides, shows, etc. that she enjoyed while in their latest family adventure.  It was a fun learning time!  I hope that she will remember Google Earth when she is studying the continents this year in 7th grade!

Woody has done quite a bit of weeding in the big flower garden that straddles the two Dorrell property lines.  He is taking advantage of the ground being softer after all the rain we got.  We got quite a bit more rain yesterday.  So it definitely made his weeding easier.

Woody is at the Monday night Furnace Room prayer meeting right now.  I'm ready to sit and read.  And, I'm sure that Woody will be ready to sit and read when he gets home...another quiet evening in this Dorrell household.


No comments:

Post a Comment