Friday, June 7, 2019

Finally...A Real Rain!

We finally got some really good rain today and our gardens are much happier.  I decided to go out and take a picture using my iPad to use in tonight's blog and when I headed to the garden so did a couple of my friends!  So I decided to include Peaches and some balloon flowers in tonight's photo.

Woody headed off early this morning to do our weekly grocery shopping.  I put away what he bought when he got home.  It rained really hard while he was away and he ended up getting home in a downpour,  he waited till it let up to head out on his second errand Friday errand trip...the one where he takes his friend who doesn't have transportation to do what he needs to do...groceries and other errands.

I continued to attempt to get ready for our kitchen remodel to get underway sometime next week.  I had hoped to hear today what day they would start...but didn't.  Very much doubt that I will hear tomorrow so will still be in the dark about next week,  I will just figure that it won't start on Monday if I don't hear from then!  I took down things from the walls in the dining room today and relocated things.  I will never find everything when this is all over!  I did carefully move my large Loara Standish sampler upstairs along with the floor stand.  I have it tucked away in the guest room...the farthest room from renovation activities...well, except for the new floor in the bathroom right next to the guest room.  Hard to get things too far away from where things will be happening.  But the tearing down of cabinets won't be happening near it.  I still have to move the spoon collection and cup and saucer collection.  I made room for those on a couple of other end tables today.  Lots of shifting of "things!" I vacuumed part of the upstairs before I moved things.  I have the stepladder in place for me to climb up to place the model of the USS Constitution that my grandfather built on top of the bookcase in the school room...hard enough to keep it dusted when it is on the mantel under normal dusty conditions...don't want to have to remove construction dust from it!  That job is a two-man job as Woody carries the ship upstairs and I carry the stand and climb the ladder and place the stand and receive the ship when Woody hands it off to me.  Waiting for Woody to be ready to help.  When I mentioned it to him, he didn't have shoes on...so I just told him to tell me when he is ready.  Wonder if he even remembers that conversation!  I will mention it again tomorrow if he hasn't initiated the moving of the ship to higher ground!  Something that I did today that didn't have anything to do with the kitchen was get my closet late spring/summer ready.  I still have a couple of things to move out of my closet, but want to handwash them first...the moving of those may be delayed till I am in the mood to do that! But not today!

Woody has had a cooking afternoon.  He made Italian Cauliflower and "his" slaw (really your recipe,
Connie) recipe...one that has a cooked oil and vinegar dressing versus a mayonnaise dressing.

We have both been reading today.  The TV has entertained Woody some and I have watched a couple of HGTV shows on my iPad. A good rainy day to watch TV, read...and perhaps nap a little!  The sun did come out for a bit before sunset.  I did hear a rumble of thunder when I went out to take tonight's photo...so I don't know if there is more coming in or not.  But I will say we were very glad to get such
 a good rain today.

No comments:

Post a Comment