Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Out With the Old...Day 1



Look what "magically happened in my kitchen today! 

Woody and I headed out the door a little before seven this morning, as I had my six-month check-in with my personal care physician.  Her office is 45 minutes away.  Not long after we got back home I got a call from our contractor's office saying that the contractor and one of his workman wanted to come by so he could show him what is going to be done.  As they were leaving, they asked if it would be okay for the worker and some other workers to come back with the dumpster and some tools in a little while.  I wasn't going to argue with that!  And, when they got here I found out that they had several hours and wanted to get underway...if it was okay wih me!  Again, no arguing on my part!

They were able to save two of the upper cabinets so Nathan can use them.  I don't think that I have 

shared, but Nathan has a new job.  He is going to be the new director for the Baptist Collegiate 
Ministry (BCM) center at Motlow Community College...our local community college.  For those of you who are familiar with this ministry on college campus...it is what used to be Baptist Student Union (BSU).  This is a part time job for him.  He is a product of the Motlow BSU/BCM so he should feel right at home!  He plans to use these cabinets that were salvaged in the BCM center...he has quite a few plans that he is having fun working on prior to his new position starting up in August.  So he is having fun salvaging wood pieces from the dumpster.  

I got so involved in the wreckage, that I forgot to go for my haircut.  Woody remembered about a half 
hour too late!  I called and apologized and rescheduled for later in the week.  Too much going on 
today, I guess.

I will keep updating as things progress.  They will be back in the morning to finish getting out the sink side of the base cabinets.  They didn't want to mess with the side with plumbing at the end of the 
day so will start on that when they are fresh in the morning.

Now...for a tale of small town living...when I was introduced to the two new crew members, I thought that I recognized him...so I said "don't I recognize you?" He said that he thought that he went to school with my son.  Then he tells me his name...and, yes, he went to school with Nathan...Burton top of that I taught his two children at Montessori.  Very small world in a very small town!  I like knowing the workmen on a job like this!  I think it makes it easier to communicate with them when you already have some common ground.  


No comments:

Post a Comment